Saturday, March 20, 2010

Modesty Miracle

I believe that if you are trying to do the right thing, our Heavenly Father assists you to do it. We found this adorable dress for my daughter for under $10 at Ross. Initially I made a black chiffon underskirt for it but it still didn't seem quite right. While shopping for formal dress fabric for my other daughter, I noticed this teal crinkled satin remnant. I didn't have the teal dress with me to see if it matched, but I but bought it anyway just in case, because it was cheap. Lo and behold, it was virtually identical in color except for the crinkles. I figured I'd just embrace that as a fashion detail but my daughter suggested I try to iron them out. I was doubtful, but it actually worked! I think the new dress looks richer and nicer than the original. 

No comments:

Post a Comment